Are you ready to lead our Sales Team to new heights and be part of a passionate, driven Senior Leadership Team?
We are seeking a Head of Sales & Business Development to lead and inspire our sales team and help Nouveau HD Beauty Group achieve its next phase of growth. As part of the senior leadership team, you will report to the Managing Director and be responsible for developing, leading and executing the group sales strategy, in order to deliver sustainable, profitable business growth. This is a hybrid working, full time position.
You will be directly responsible for the development and success of the existing B2B UK sales team, B2B global distribution and B2C 3rd party retailers, you will also identify and deliver incremental growth through strategic new business opportunities, in support of wider group business objectives.
You will be responsible for:
• Global Sales Leadership:
o Developing and executing a strategic sales plan to drive sustainable and profitable revenue growth across our brand portfolio
o Leading, mentoring, and motivating our internal teams to meet and exceed sales targets through acquisition, retention and lifetime value
o Monitoring and evaluating our internal teams performance, to ensure consistently delivering effective and best in class customer experience
o Using commercial acumen and collaborating with our Marketing & eCommerce team to create and execute short and long-term promotional trading plans and coordinated offline/online ecommerce activities
• B2B Business Development:
o Identifying and leading on the delivery of new business expansion opportunities, with a focus on international markets
o Building and maintaining relationships with existing priority partners and distributors
• B2C Business Development:
o Managing our expert agency partner to grow our Amazon channel
o Managing on-going Amazon range expansion in line with NPD/EPD activities
o Evaluating and executing opportunities for International Amazon expansion
o Identifying and leading on strategic 3rd party retail partnerships
• Market Analysis:
o Staying up-to-date with market trends, competition, and customer needs to adapt strategies accordingly
o Conducting market research to identify potential growth areas and opportunities
• Budget and Forecasting:
o Providing accurate annual and monthly sales forecasts
o Setting team targets and commissions
o Supporting the Managing Director to deliver the Annual Budget Plan
• Reporting and Analysis:
o Using data to drive decision-making and assess the effectiveness of sales and promotional strategies
o Generating regular reports and presentations to board level, providing insights on sales and business development performance
o Closely monitor key performance indicators to measure sales performance, identify process failures and guide improvement requirements, implementing processes and training as necessary
• Exceptional Leadership:
o Positively coaching, supporting and mentoring 3 manager level direct reports to exceed expectations
Our ideal person:
• Proven experience in a ‘hands-on’ sales and business development leadership role
• Able to demonstrate experience and ability to lead customer facing internal sales teams, based both onsite and remotely
• Excellent commercial acumen, astute in pricing, promotion and margin analysis, with insight across sales/e-commerce/marketing
• Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets and achieving business growth; with proven track record of growing sales in a multi-channel product company (experience of both product and service sales preferrable)
• Demonstrated success in international new business development
• Experience of working with Amazon, eBay or other online marketplaces is preferred but not essential
• Strong negotiation and communication skills
• Exceptional leadership and team-building abilities
• Results orientated, with an ownership mentality
• Strategic thinker with proficiency in data analysis and reporting
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
• Passion for the beauty industry; experience in the category is preferred but not essential
• Ability to travel as needed
We will reward you with:
• A competitive salary (dependent upon experience) with an annual bonus scheme
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
• Exclusive access to our Employee Westfield Health Scheme
• Discounted products and treatments
• Flexible working opportunities – based at our South Elmsall Head Office with remote working/flexibility available
• A great working environment with a fun, friendly and forward-thinking culture
Nouveau HD Beauty Group (NHDBG) operates a portfolio of full service professional beauty brands.
Across our homegrown brand portfolio, we pride ourselves in delivering award-winning professional product innovation and on-trend consumer retail products, supported by gold-standard educational services.
Our current brands include: consumer recognised HD Brows, the creator of celebrity loved, LVL, Nouveau Lashes, and the pioneer of permanent makeup in the UK, K.B Pro. In 2023, we added Nouveau Beauty – the house of professional beauty. Nouveau Beauty is a new professional beauty platform, created to bring our brands together in one place, for the first time ever. Through Nouveau Beauty we are also now partnering with other big names in the pro beauty space – OPI, Navy Pro Tools, Sienna X, and Tina Davies to name a few – and are continuing an ambitious plan to grow our third party brand offering, while investing in our own brand portfolio.
The global professional beauty services market is estimated to be worth $213B in 2023. At NHDBG we have a strong and established UK presence and global representation through carefully selected distribution partnerships, but many territories still remain untapped, offering opportunities for transformational business growth.
If you want to be part of the next phase in our journey, and enjoy being part of a fast paced yet collaborative and caring culture, please tell us more and get in touch via email [email protected] (we’re experiencing some technical issues with the below submission form so please use this email address as an alternative whilst we get it sorted)
Nouveau HD Beauty Group is proud to be part of NEXUS Brands Group (“Nexus”). Nexus is a US headquartered, PE backed, family of leading brands and businesses that design, manufacture, market and distribute supplies to professional customers serving three markets: Body Art, Pet Grooming and Beauty. NHDBG is the largest beauty business in the global family.